At the core of the nursing professional practice model at Rush are relationships, caring and leadership. The Rush nurse provides compassionate, holistic care while serving as a leader and advocate to ensure patient needs are met. This combination of empathy and leadership creates an environment that encourages autonomy and innovation, where every patient receives evidence-based care.
Rush Oak Park Hospital Nursing Clinical Rotations
Nursing clinical rotations are offered in a variety of settings throughout the hospital with contracted schools.
Possible rotations for undergraduate students include nursing and certified nursing assistant rotations.
The following are deadlines for receiving clinical rotation requests:
- Fall: August 17
- Spring: December 13
- Summer: April 19
After receiving confirmation that your rotation request has been accepted, please submit the following documents at least two weeks prior to the start of the rotation:
- Letter of compliance: Include all students and Instructors
- Student packet: To be completed by each student and instructor
- IT badge access request form: To be completed by each student and instructor (needs Rush network access, fill out on first day of clinical)
- Pyxis access form for instructors: For nursing clinical groups who will be administering medications.
- Pyxis access form for students: For immersion/capstone students ONLY
No photographs or jpeg filed accepted. Please scan into a PDF file for submission.
Once completed, please upload all required documents to your personalized SharePoint link that was sent with your confirmation email.